Monday, March 31, 2014

SOMETHING NEW FROM ME TO YOU!!!

 
Recently when my friend Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm was showing some of her new pattern designs,one of them was a needle punch that had rug hooking around it. I was immediately inspired by it!!!!

 
So I drew up one of my original designs that had been for a hooked rug. I've hooked and sold this one a couple of times. On my original drawing there were also some half circles around the top area that I did use on the hooked rugs,but decided not to punch them.

 
The 1st time I hooked it I also had the wool spiral flowers. The 2nd time I hooked the flowers. But for the needle punch version,I knew that I would make the wool spiral flowers and stitch them on. There was a lot of trial & error on this piece!!! I used Valdani hand dyed pearl cotton for the punching. Then I had to choose the wool for the hooked part. I put the NP on several different wools but kept going back to this very dark green & black check it seemed to accent the NP best. And to give it a bit of a spark I hooked a row with a nice blue & black check. I used the same dark wool to hand stitch to the back. The punched part measures approx. 8 1/2" X 6 1/2" and with the hooking approx. 11 1/4 X 9. I think the hooking gives the punching it's own frame. I gave it a black floss little hanger,but the way I really like to hang hooked pieces is with a tiny tack nail because it disappears between the hooked loops.
Thank You Lori for the inspiration!!! I hope to do more of these,but right now I have a round chair pad with a rabbit & flowers that I'm hooking on my frame.

 
This OOAK primitive needle punched and hooked rug is available for sale.
$110.00 + $3.50 Shipping  SOLD
You can contact me by clicking on the primitive doll over there on the top left.
 
Thanks for stopping by to see my newest creation!!!
 
Sherry....OUT 

3 comments:

  1. Sherry,
    It's a wonderful piece. I don't know how you figured it all out! I don't think I could have. It looks fabulous.
    Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Lori R. It was a lot of doing & RE-doing to make it work.
    Thank You Lori B. Once I saw hooking around your design I just HAD to do it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to hear from you!