Friday, October 22, 2010

WELL NOW WHAT!!!


I just finished this rug this afternoon. It's a runner, hit or miss style of course. I think it would look neat above a door too,don't ya think???

Well anyhoo I got it steamed and the pictures taken and I was pooped so it was rest time and I'm feelin' yucky. Time for a percocet and maybe a phenergan too for the sicky tummy.

But it's 8:30 and I don't have another rug ready to work on. That bums me out, cause even if I'm hurtin' I'm hookin' and there's nothing ready to hook!!!

It works best when I can just sit in my chair and pick up the frame and hook. Too much movin' around getting a design drawn up and wool picked out and cut. For those of you that have come here for awhile and know about my health (or lack of) problems no I'm not better and never will be. I'm still in constant pain and the 3 to 4 percocet that I take a day only keep me from screaming bloody murder!!!!

But anyhoo back to hookin'. I think I'll do some kind of turkey rug next. Just wish it was ready to go cause it's kinda late to get it all together now. Guess I'll just have to sit here,shoot. John would say good!!!


Sherry......OUT

3 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower and very sorry to hear of your health issues. I just can't imagine, but I know that even when I'm feeling ill, I still have to cross stitch. I feel the same way as you. I always like to have something going or know what I want to stitch next.
    Well anyway, your rugs are just beautiful and this new runner is no exception. Hope you feel better and have some relief tonight.
    ~Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry,
    You do such beautiful work! The act of rug hooking is such good therapy......the preparation of patterns is very hard physically I know! I struggle with it myself. So often I have to get down on the floor to cut my linen as my table gets too full of stuff and I don't feel like cleaning if off. Is there someone who could help you with the prep work so you could just hook? I think your idea for a turkey rug would be what the Dr. ordered!
    Hugs,
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry ~
    Here's hoping your next project is on the frame !
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to hear from you!